Pork chops are amazing, especially on the grill. But they get boring after a while. Let’s face it, boring food just isn’t satisfying.
I wanted something different. I wanted something a little bold. Something healthy and invigorating.
Most importantly…I wanted FLAVOR!
Pork Bits are a fun, easy way to enjoy the same great cut of pork but with a little more flair. And zoodles are a great addition as a non traditional side dish that adds even more flavor to this meal. Never tried zoodles? Let me tell you, you’ve been mising out!
How to make Zoodles
Zucchini zucchini zucchini!
We’ve got so much zucchini right now, and making zoodles is a great way to utilize it. But what are zoodles? Think noodles without the pasta! Zoodles are a tasty and healthy alternative to the traditional spaghetti noodle, and they’re super simple to make.
We use an OXO handheld spiralizer. One medium size zucchini will usually make enough as a side dish. No need to peel the zuke. Just wash it and run it through your spiralizer to create long, bouncy strips that resemble noodles.
Let’s get to the recipe
- 2 lb pork steak
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Granulated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 T fresh garlic
- 2 T sea salt
- 2 T thyme
- 2 T oregano
- 1 T dried cilantro
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
How to make the pork bits
- Cut the pork steak into 1 inch cubes and set aside in a bowl.
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a separate bowl. Toss the pork in the seasoning mix so that it’s well covered.
- Melt a pad of butter in a 12 inch iron skillet, then mix in the fresh garlic. When the skillet is hot, add the pork and let brown for a couple minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice to pork and let the fluid come to a gentle boil, stirring the meat so that it cooks evenly. After about 10 minutes drop heat to low and let everything simmer while you prepare the vegetables. Make sure you stir the meat every few minutes.
Making the vegetables
- Slice the bell peppers and onion into long, thin slices. Using a spiralizer, cut the zucchini into zoodles, choosing your desired thickness. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Then set all veggies aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat up a generous amount of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the zoodles to the pan.
- Saute the zoodles until they get a little soft, then add the cream cheese. As the cream cheese melts, stir into the zoodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan then remove from the skillet.
- In the same pan, saute the peppers and onions until soft, adding a little more olive oil if needed. Once soft, add the zoodles and the tomatoes to the pan, stirring to mix everything together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
The pork bits are excellent when mixed in with the vegetables, and everything combines very well to give a savory sweet burst of flavor that the whole family will love. Plus it’s keto friendly.